As Thanksgiving weekend comes to a close, I am in desperate need for a crisp salad! After stuffing my face with delicious food and leftovers my body was asking for a break. I still had some random ingredients from other Thanksgiving recipes so I decided to make a fall style salad with pumpkin dressing.
Pumpkin Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup kite hill plain unsweetened artisan almond milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin (TIP: I used a leftover canned pumpkin)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (OR 1 tsp minced garlic)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp thyme leaves
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and combine.
- Chill in fridge (or freezer for faster results) until ready to serve
For the actual salad I gathered some more leftover items and just laid them over some fresh spinach and spring mix. As you can see in the photos below the salad consisted of a sliced Granny Smith apple, some dried cranberries, and a handful of pecans. This refreshing meal is super quick and easy to make. Although the dressing seems heavy, I promise its light and fluffy. Your body will be thanking you for a break until your next holiday meal!